The Meineke Car Care Center on Rodney Road in York will get your car ready for the snow and freezing temperatures ahead.
The official start to winter may be a bit more than a month away but winter weather has arrived in central Pennsylvania. Snow is expected to start falling later today and winter weather advisories have been issued for much of central Pennsylvania.
That's great news for kids who want to build snowmen and for those who like skiing and other winter sports. It's bad news for drivers who have to cope with hazardous conditions. It's even worse for car owners who have delayed making sure their cars are ready for winter weather.
"Vehicle mechanics agree that it’s best to winterize your car before the first flake falls, because small problems that may have been ignored during warmer months could grow worse, leaving you stranded when the temperature plummets," woodtv.com says.
Woodtv.com offers these tips to help you get your car ready for winter's blast:
- "Take your car to a mechanic and have them check the following: battery, antifreeze level, thermostat, heater, brakes, and defroster.
- "Make sure your tires have adequate tread. If the treads are worn, replace them. Ideally, you should look at snow tires which have treads that provide better traction and are equipped to handle extreme winter driving conditions.
- "Inspect your vehicle’s lights. Make sure the front and rear lights are working properly, especially the flashing hazard lights.
- "It’s possible that your windshield wiper fluid may freeze at some point during the winter months, so instead of toughing it out until spring, exchange the fluid with one made especially for freezing, or below freezing conditions.
- Speaking of windshield wipers, it’s a good idea to purchase winter wiper blades. They’re made to cut through snow and ice instead of using the regular blades all year long.
- "Check the spray nozzles of your windshield-washer system. Sometimes, they get blocked by build up and debris. You can use a needle or pin to clear blocked nozzles."
If you're searching for a trusted York car care technician, look no further than the Meineke Car Care Center on Rodney Road. If that's not convenient, try one of our other 13 auto care centers in south central Pennsylvania:
- Meineke Car Care Center - Pleasant View Road
331 Pleasant View Rd, New Cumberland, PA 17070
- Meineke Car Care Center - Rodney Road
1775 Rodney Road, York, PA 17408
- Meineke Car Care Center - South Queen Street
855 South Queen Street, York, PA 17403
- Meineke Car Care Center - 2nd Street
201 N. 2nd Street, New Freedom, PA 17349
- Meineke Car Care Center - Baltimore Street
871 Baltimore Street, Hanover, PA 17331
- Meineke Car Care Center - Carlisle Pike
6510 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
- Meineke Car Care Center - Carlisle Street
1125 Carlisle Street, Hanover, PA 17331
- Meineke Car Care Center - East Chocolate Ave
1401 East Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033
- Meineke Car Care Center - Gettysburg Road
2236 Gettysburg Rd, Camp Hill, PA 17011
- Meineke Car Care Center - Jonestown Road
4509 Jonestown Road, Harrisburg, PA 17109
- Meineke Car Care Center - Manheim Pike
1220 Manheim Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601
- Meineke Car Care Center - Market Street
2301 E Market Street, York, PA 17402
- Meineke Car Care Center - Paxton Street
3098 Paxton Street, Harrisburg, PA 17111
MEINEKE CAR CARE | LOCAL CAR CARE | York CAR CARE | York TIRES | TIRES York | York AUTO CARE
#MEINEKECARCARE #LOCALCARCARE #YorkTIRES #TIRESYork #YorkAUTOCARE